Was it Hippocrates who said all disease begins in the gut? Whoever it was, I think they were right. A strong and healthy digestive system is the foundation to overall health. But how do you know if your gut is healthy and strong? It’s not a simple answer.
Digestive issues don’t always manifest as just gas and bloating. An imbalance in the gut can include problems like:
- Food intolerance/sensitivities
- Chronic constipation or diarrhea
- Nausea, vomiting
- Mood Swings
- Rectal itching
- Brain fog
- Hormonal imbalances
- Food Cravings
- Thyroid Issues
- Heartburn or Reflux
- Mucus in stool
Perhaps you’ve got some of this going on yourself. This isn’t a situation you want to spend years playing trial and error. You should never just guess when it comes to your health. Self-treating or taking the wrong supplements at the wrong time can make things worse. Treatment, protocols, and herbs should be individualized to you.
You’ve got to go through targeted steps to restore your body. To do this, we use a protocol called the 5R protocol: remove, replace, repair, re-inoculate, and rebalance. The 5R process can be much more efficient if you and your practitioner know what’s going on under the hood. The more intel we have, the better and sometimes faster the outcome.
When my clients are dealing with gut imbalances, the first thing I like to look at is a GI Map. The GI Map is an at home stool test that measures all sorts of goodies – pathogens, viruses, parasites, worms, protozoa, candida, antibiotic resistance, autoimmune markers, digestive capacity, inflammation, and more. It really gives us a complete picture of the gut. The lab utilizes real-time polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) and/or quantitative PCR (qPCR) technology to detect the DNA of microorganisms.
This test is helpful for almost everyone. But it’s extra helpful for those with digestive issues, food sensitivities, autoimmune disorders, and skin issues.
How it Works
- You order the GI-Map via our website or your Nutrition Dynamic coach.
- A kit is sent to your home and generally arrives within 5-7 business days.
- You take the test in the privacy of your own bathroom and ship it off to the lab. It already includes the return packaging so no need to worry about that.
- Our team is notified of your results and you’ll hop on a call with a member of our team to discuss your results.